Gobble Gobble!

Hi Everyone,
Happy Friday!  We have a great week full of learning and fun!  We had a special assembly with the Toledo Opera. Students got to see Hansel and Gretel!  It was a great performance written by Englebert Humperdink.


Report Cards
Report cards are coming home on Tuesday.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  This report card is for Term 1.  Everything will be reassessed for Term 2.  So make note that the numbers can change based on what I assess in the classroom during each term period. 

PLEASE RETURN THE ENVELOPES on the following Monday after the break.  I will be reusing them for each report card term.




Writing
Students have wrapped up their Personal Narratives in writing but they aren't done yet!  This weekend there is homework for students AND parents!  You will be helping your child with a parent check for your child's narrative writing piece.  They are now ready for their "Parent Check."  Please check your child's writing this weekend.  An Editing & Revising Checklist is coming home in your child's writing folder with their final rough draft piece.  Please go over the rough draft by checking if each goal has been met.  Thank you!
Cough, Cough or Vacation?
If your child is sick for any reason, please let the office know by emailing
bur_attendance@aaps.k12.mi.us and please let me know as well.  Don't forget to let me know if your child will not be in school due to traveling for the holidays.  Of course, I hope they are here for school but do understand it is important to spend with family and friends too! :0)

Also, please note that I would really appreciate that if your child is being picked up for a doctor or dentist office visit please let me know ahead of time.  Emailing me before the day starts is helpful as I don't always get to check my email during the day because I am teaching.  That also applies to students that are being picked up early or going home with someone else.  If they are riding the bus with another student, please make sure they have a note from both families and it gets signed by the office staff.  Thank you for your support. 

Donations Needed!
We are running out of paper towels again!  So we will need some after the Thanksgiving break!  Please consider donating if you haven't already yet.  Thank you.

Thanksgiving Break
Next week is the Thanksgiving Break. There is no school on Wednesday-Friday. Don't forget to stop at the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market this weekend to pick up some yummy veggies for Thanksgiving! I hope you have a restful and fun break. There will no homework over the Thanksgiving break. Enjoy your time together!


Things I am thankful for this school year.
1.  My amazing students!
2.  Their amazing parents!
3.  This amazing Burns Park community!
4.  Excellent colleagues!
5.  My family and friends, including my furry ones. :0)

Have a great holiday break!  Enjoy some fun videos below.


Japanese Multiplication!

Thanksgiving Fun! (Corn dog is code for vegetables!)

Homework/Events Calendar